Best of the Best
The 2013 results for Top Energy, Gas & Oil, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Finance, Insurance, Top Colleges and Universities and Top MBA Schools are online and published now!
The "Best of the Best Part 2" will be published mid-August 2013.
Include YOUR Company, Government/Law Enforcement Agency and Supplier Diversity Program in the survey.
5 Brief Resume Reminders
Here are five brief resume tips I provided to an experienced business professional. Since some areas of the resume that needed revision would apply to many mid-level job seekers, I would like to share these brief reminders with you:
- Be sure to include your education on the bottom of the resume, as education is a standard aspect of any resume.
- Leave off jobs older than fifteen years ago as a work history of the last fifteen years is usually sufficient and it will help eliminate age discrimination issues before the interview.
- Although basic computer skills are seemingly obvious to the employer and often left off the resume, be sure to include a computer skills section at the bottom that includes all of the programs that you have mastered.
- Emphasize what your duties included as well as your accomplishments in each position. Include less emphasis on what the company does overall. They are not hiring the company, they are hiring you. - Stylistically, avoid using 'I' on the resume.
- Remember that the resume is an "advertisement" of your appropriate skills, experience and abilities for that job.
About the Author-
-Lavie Margolin Contact me for coaching, resume writing, interview prep., salary negotiation, LinkedIn tutoring, outplacement or to speak at your next event! (914) 525-0965 Laviemarg@lioncubjobsearch.com